10.11.2007

Incarnations

My name is Church,
my name is Hombre Church
and I reside in the residues of dust.
My houses are numerous
because I am numerous,
and I am the sun shutter blinking
Hello.

My name is Furlong,
the killer Furlong,
who sharpens knives on his
teeth and laughs in
bathtubs full of lady’s
dresses. I tie my wolves to
cacti, I squeeze out
pomegranate juice like
blood from bars of soap
and wash myself while
whistling…

Hello like a prickly pear,
Hello jet fuel burned across the sky,
Hello continuing orange embers.

My name is Speed McCoozy.
I was born in the Mexican city of
Mancuso. El Mancuso. Ok, not
Mexico, but Iowa, and I killed myself
in the corn. Ok, not the corn, in the
tree house my father built and
painted green, I hanged myself with
chickadee wire.

Take a while and look through my
photographs, my sing songs and whistle
out my sentences.

This is the only way I’ll know my
own name.

No comments: